Choosing The Right Contractor For You
When it comes to painting contractors, there are several companies to choose from. Sometimes it can be hard for a homeowner to choose even who to call and get an estimate from. While there is no special procedure to follow during the estimate process, here are a few questions to ask any painting contractor you get a bid from.
- Is the company insured?
- Does the company offer any type of workmanship warranty? If so, what are the details of the warranty?
- Did the estimator give you a detailed estimate explaining what all work will be performed on your home?
- Will the same people be working on your home for the duration of the job?
- Will the price quoted be subject to change? (Be careful, some companies increase their price without notifying the homeowner).
- How long has the company been in business?
- When is payment due?
- Does the estimator explain the painting process and what to expect in a clear manner?
- Do they offer color consultations or help with colors?
- What type of paint do they use?
At the end of the day, you have to be comfortable with the people you hire. It is always a good idea to get a few estimates from different companies. Some companies have different services they offer and you want to make sure that you are getting a fair price for the work you want done. Ask as many questions as you can and take your time to do some research on each company before you hire them. Reading online reviews and vising the BBB website are good tools to read about contractors and the experience previous customers have had with that company.
AMC Painting offers free in-home estimates. We guarantee that each client will always receive a firm written contract from us with a detailed explanation of work. Give us a call today to schedule an estimate and learn about the services we have to offer.